MoRA Board Meetings
MoRA’S NEXT MONTHLY BOARD MEETING:
Our next regular board meeting will be March 20, 2018 at 6pm at the Independence Regional Library. If you’re interested in joining us as a guest, send a note to email@example.com!
Are you interested in getting involved in MoRA? Here’s your guide!
MoRA board meetings are the third Tuesdays of the month, and they are open to all. Come and see what we’re doing and discussing, no commitment necessary.
We have 5 committees (work groups), and ask that new volunteers join one or more:
- Arts, culture and education (John Lincoln and Sherrie McLamb, co-chairs)
- Government (James Scanlon and Jack Miller, co-chairs)
- Business outreach, sponsorships and advertising (Richard Darlington and Ari Rodriguez, co-chairs)
- Communications (Matt Chambers, chair)
- Board governance (LaJuan Pringle, chair)
We’ll also put the word out when volunteers are needed for a specific event; you’ll want to watch our Facebook page for those.
Each January we have a Board Retreat, where we review our goals and decide where to focus our energies.
MoRA asks that those interested in being on the board first volunteer at the committee level; engaged committee members are then eligible to serve on the board.
MoRA is a nonprofit organization with its 501(c)3 tax-exempt status.
We’d love to have you get involved! Here are the remaining board meetings for 2018: March 20, April 17, May 22, June 19, July 17, August 21, September 18, October 16, November 20 and December 18.