MoRA’s first Family Bike Ride takes place on Saturday, August 4. Bring your family, your bikes and your helmets to enjoy a group ride to McAlpine Creek Greenway. This is an easy to moderate ride of about 9 miles with an escape halfway for those who want a shorter ride.
We’ll meet up at Ultimate Bicycle between 8:30 and 9, departure time 9:00am. There’s access to the greenway near Ultimate Bicycle, so we’ll be riding directly to the trails.
Did you know that McAlpine Creek Greenway is Charlotte’s original greenway park? It was the first public greenway trail ever acquired and built in the western piedmont of North Carolina. And it’s the only greenway where you can see river otter, beaver, and mink. 188 species of birds have been spotted here.
Some things to remember:
- All riders must wear a helmet.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All riders must sign a release. To save time, print and sign the release form and bring it with you.
- Ultimate Bicycle will be open at 8:30 to help riders with bike adjustments, pumping tires, and sale of bike gear.
- The ride starts at 9:00am, so please arrive early.
- Bring water and dress appropriately for the weather. It’s also suggested that riders carry emergency contact information and ID, and a basic tool kit.
McAlpine Creek Greenway is one of the reasons we live in MoRA. Join us on this bike ride to enjoy your parks and greenway, and to spend a beautiful summer morning with your neighbors.
Questions? Send an email to Dean Brodhag at firstname.lastname@example.org.