Indulge your senses with seasonal treats and experiences. Here’s a list of Fall faves in Monroe Road area.
1. Compete (or spectate) at Common Market’s 2nd Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest, Thurs. 10/15, 6-8p.
2. Spice up your life with this week’s flavors at Your Mom’s Donuts: Apple Butter, Chocolate Garam Masala, Chinese Five Spice Coffee Cake, and Gingersnap Cookie Butter Filled.
3. Visit the Oakhurst Mess Market and pumpkin patch at 4431 Monroe Rd. on Saturdays in October, 9:30a-12:30p.
5. Parade your pooch in costume at Pet in the City’s Howl-A-Ween fundraiser to benefit Charlotte Black Dog charity. All dogs receive a ribbon and a treat bag.
6. Take in the fall colors on two wheels with Biketoberfest‘s “Choose Your Own Adventure” selfie scavenger hunt to benefit Sustain Charlotte, Sat. 10/24 – Sun. 10/25.
7. Tickle your tastebuds with a salted caramel cupcake with apple pie filling and granola + caramel drizzle topping. Available through November at Swirl.
8. Learn how to make apple cider…the drink, the donut, and the glaze…at Sweet Spot Studio’s “It’s Fall Y’all!” class on Wed. 11/4 at 6:30p
9. Sign up for Clayworks special Family Halloween workshop on Sun. 10/18 from 2-4pm.
10. Need your black cat fix for Halloween? Hang out with Gene Simmons (the cat) at the Daily Mews Cat Cafe & Boutique.