THURSDAYS LIVE STREAMING on THURSDAY, JUNE 18 at 6PM
Jmebrown will be performing on June 18 via Facebook Live. Soulful, compelling and rich vocals with acoustic accompaniment, singer/songwriter Jmebrown inspires through his original music and sound. Here’s the link to MoRA’s Facebook page.
Local neighbor Brian Lafontaine hosts the evening. Brian is “Charlotte’s most recognizable, non-famous actor, landing roles in Stranger Things, Ozark, and Homeland, among many others. He has broken into your house, talked to you about better banking, helped you win the lottery and convinced you to go to Bojangles in countless TV commercials. Brian gives us a side of fun with our music.
We are thrilled to announce MoRA’s partnership with Frontline Foods Charlotte, the nonprofit that’s feeding healthcare workers and first responders using local restaurants. To honor our community, MoRA will match the first $1,000 of donations to Frontline Foods Charlotte, doubling your contribution. Donate here.
Come by Edge City Brewery for a pint or a growler to go — there is limited seating capacity. You can pick up dinner from Hawthorne’s – or from any other local restaurant in the corridor. Enjoy the concert from your device anywhere from your own kitchen to — if it’s nice weather — a park or in your back yard.
And here’s what we recommend to accompany the evening:
- Stop by Edge City Brewery, 6621 Monroe Road, on Thursday, 6/18 between 1 and 8pm to pick up some great craft beer.
- Preorder dinner from one of our area’s restaurants. Love local, and support Monroe Road area businesses.
- For Hawthorne’s Pizza, click here, “Order Online” button at the top, select the “Charlotte” (Old Post Road) location. In addition to Hawthorne’s full menu, consider ordering a pizza kit for $25. It makes four 9” pizzas and includes everything you need.
1) Plan ahead for the concert, live streaming from MoRA’s Facebook page on Thursday, June 18 from 6 until 7:30 pm through your device. It will also be available to watch anytime after.
2) Decide what’s for dinner, and pick it up ahead of time at Hawthorne’s or another great Monroe Road eatery.
3) Remember, this is a streaming event and we’ll be following all NC Covid-19 guidelines regarding gatherings.
These MoRA sponsors have made Thursdays Live-Streaming possible:
Edge City Brewery
A List Smiles
The Barker Lounge
SuperCuts at MoRA Point
Wyndham Capital Mortgage
Shady Palms Productions
Savvy + Co, Josh Starnes, Realtor
Key NC Homes, Ari Rodriguez, Realtor
On the Move Charlotte, Leigh Bryant, Realtor
Wanda Smith & Associates, Gabi Beaver, Realtor
Previous performers from our 2020 season:
David Porter kicked off our Thursday’s Live STREAMING season on May 21, performing folk/rock, original tunes, classic and current music — with great stories along the way. His performance of Lean on Me beautifully thanked our essential workers everywhere. Here’s the performance if you missed it.